Carrick Creek Falls

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is from an intimate set of falls along the Carrick Creek Trail in Table Rock State Park in the South Carolina Upstate. After seeing these falls one day while hiking, I knew I needed to come back with my tripod to do more long exposure work. After another hike, I grabbed the tripod and went to these falls. I left my wife at the bottom of the trail near another set of falls at the welcome center, so she could crochet. I was a little longer than I thought I would be. (Are any of us really surprised that the time got away from me?) I found so many nice angles, but was drawn more to this one in black and white because it really showed off the white water flowing over the dark rocks and through the frame.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts are welcome.

Technical Details

Canon R
ISO 100
2 seconds at f/16
24-240mm at 76mm

2 Likes

Please thank your patient wife for giving you the time to find a wonderful angle from which to photograph. Quite lovely! And the 2-second exposure is perfect.

1 Like

Thanks @JohnSnell , I pasted that on to her. And like so many, long, suffering partners to all us photographers, she just shrugged and went back to her work. :wink: