Catalpa and Wall

Catalpa Tree and Wall, Columbia

Any thoughts on color or contrast? This was very warm morning light.

This was kind of an experiment. I liked the Catalpa beans against the vertical joints in the wall, but is it too busy, or does it work for you?

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor 70-200 @165mm
f-16 @ 1/160, ISO 640
ACR, PSCC, TK’s luminosity masks for mids and bright lights…
Cropped a bit from the bottom.

Your thoughts are always appreciated. :slight_smile:
–P

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This works for me, Preston. The warm colors really appeal to me (especially after a gray day). I do like the way the long beans work with the vertical textures of the wall.

This is really good, Preston! A fascinating study in lines and color. It is a very unique scene and quite enjoyable to view. Well seen and captured.

Preston the warmth of the scene is the immediate draw. I also like the overall framing here as well as the skeletal look about the foliage. The fence or building wood slats make a perfect backdrop for this scene…:sunglasses:

Preston, I really like the overall warmth of the scene, and the contrast is fine…love the bean pods against the fence boards, well seen, well done.

Preston,

Sorry, I guess I missed this one! Love the warmth here and also that you’ve zoomed for a more intimate view. The bg of the boards work nicely and help to simplify and reign in some of the chaos.

The only suggestion I have would be to burn down the knob of the trunk near the bottom; or most all of the exposed trunk. Minor nit though.

Lon