Catching a morning smack

I photograph this great white on The One Mile River in Old Lyme from the Zodiac on Sept. 9 at 7:14 Am, hand-held. The Egret’s four-shot sequence of it catching a morning smack, has some problems with the white detailing in the upper body and wings. I work on all four shots and brought out as much detail as DxO PhotoLab 4 could find.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, 546mm, F6.3, 1/500, ISO 1250, -.7EV. I reduced the highlights, cropped the shots by 30% and used Denoising DeepPrime in DxO PhotoLab

A very good sequence. I like the third shot with all the water droplets.

A nice sequence, Peter. I can see why there was a lack of detail in the whites, since they’re hard to start with and it looks as if the focus locked onto the seaweed covered rock in the background. The third and 4th images with the egret upright and closer to the focal plane have much better detail. Still a very cool set of images for showing the fishing process.

A very cool sequence with lots of action. Agree with Dennis. Looks like focus locked on the seaweed just behind the bird. But the detail is improved in the last 2 shots. One other suggestion to pull out more detail is that it looks like you ran noise reduction on the bird. If so, I would go back to the originals and process them without running NR on the bird.

Nice sequence Peter. You and the egret both came out winners. Sometimes whites are tough to find any detail. Possibly focus caught on the seaweed or perhaps on that big wing. You would be the best to tell looking at the bigger files. Well done handheld.

Very nice series Peter… The only thing I would add is that on my monitor I do see somewhat of a bluish cast on the images.