Chesnut Breasted Coronet. "It's a common hummingbird in the Ecuadorian Amazon, but it's so beautiful!" 😊

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

β€œIt’s a common hummingbird in the Ecuadorian Amazon, but it’s so beautiful!” :blush:

Technical Details

Sony A7IV
840 mm
f 9
1/500 sec

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Emotional Impact:
  • Mood Creation:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Textures and Patterns:
  • Use of Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Subject and Genre:
  • Post-processing:
  • Technical Aspects:

A lovely hummingbird and I like the face-on pose. They always look so intimidating staring straight at you. You caught it on a very nice perch and the detail in the bird is excellent. There are a couple of elements in the background that I find draw my eye away from the subject, particularly the bright leaf on the left edge and a bright spot on the leaf in the upper right. The one on the left might take some digital surgery, but I think the one in the upper right just needs a touch of burning or possibly low opacity cloning over that bright area.

A very nice image.

Wow! Beautiful bird Ronald. Great colors and details. I really like the perch. You could probably use some Gaussian blur and tone down some of the brighter spots in the background (BG).

Hi Ronald, a beautiful hummer and I like the head on pose. The colors on the bird are amazing. Agree with Dennis about the leaves in the BG. This is still a striking image of a real beauty.