Chestnut-backed Chickadee

A flock of chickadees were feeding on a neighbor’s fir trees and I ran to get my camera.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon R5; 100-500 at 500 mm; 1/1000 at f7.1, -1/3EV; ISO 4000

2 Likes

Hi Allen, nice catch of this beauty showing off a really interesting behavior. The background looks quite complimentary to the bird and cone the bird is feeding on. Nice frame.

1 Like

Love the Composition and the Subject “dee!” I Reallyhave nothing to remark apart from awesome photo maybe just a very very slight crop to set the “dee” more towards center frame. Otherwise Excellent. Reminds me I need to break out the R5 and my ol’ 100 to 400 in the backyard more often.

1 Like

Thanks, Joseph, and welcome to NPN. The R5 is a great camera and the eye focus for birds is incredible.

1 Like

thanks for the welcome!

Sweet image, and the hanging position is simply awesome. For some reason it shows very well that it’s a tiny bird indeed. No nits, I like it quite a lot as presented! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Hi Allen
The overall color balance of this shot really highlights the Chestnut-back Chickadee. Love the head turn and eye contact. You did a really good job on the Chickadee’s dark brown and white feathers.
Peter

1 Like

Excellent job on this little beauty, Allen. I’ve seen this behavior and your photograph nails it.

1 Like