Close Quote

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another punctuation mark from Harris Beach. The sand didn’t look right so I applied a bit of radial blur just for fun. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 24-105 f4 G OSS
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f11

1 Like

I like the title, Bill, it does look like a close quote. A nice find and I kind of like the radial blur to the sand. If I were to do anything to improve the shot, I might would pull down the brightness in the ULC. Nicely done.

This is super cool, Bill! :slight_smile:

The title is spot on and the radial blur puts this in the celestial realm for me (a long exposure of the north star to be more precise). :slight_smile:

What kind of shells are those? Just curious.

Love the creativity! :slight_smile:

Beautiful and very clever, Bill. I really like the effect you achieved with the sand. I wonder what it would look like if you separated the shell on another layer and swirled the sand completely?

Bill, absolutely outstanding image. The excellent detail in the shell is really accentuated by the speed or long enough exposure of the water & swirling sand… :sunglasses: :+1: :+1:

Merv: Simple mussels that are all over the submerged rocks. They are often broken off by rough surf and the gulls manage to open them and devour the contents. Yummy :nauseated_face:

A very subtle abstract. Radial blur with the mussel shells at the origin works well. I enjoyed viewing this image…Jim

Thanks for the answer, Bill!

I knew they weren’t clams or oyster but mussels never crossed my mind for some reason :thinking: senior moment maybe? :laughing:

Again, it’s just a wonderful artistic image!