Shell Game

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

More Harris Beach-combing. It’s fairly rare to come across a near perfect crab shell after the gulls have worked it over but this little scene reminded me of the old shell game. Here’s the pebble, now try to pick out which shell it’s hiding under. Of course it would make the game more of a challenge if I had two more shells to mix. So it goes. All comments welcome and Happy New Year to all in the community. May you have great subjects and even better light in 2024. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 24-105 f4 G @ 105mm
ISO 400, 1/125 @ f11

1 Like

Thank you, Bill. Happy New Year to you as well. I am not familiar with the game you mentioned, but can see kids enjoying their time on the beach playing such a game. Memories, huh? The shell is in excellent condition and you did a fine job capturing the details in it. Very nice.

Bill, this is a neat find of a good looking crab shell. The black pebble does add extra interest. Clearly you had a great time roaming the Oregon Beaches. It’s always valuable when there no pressure to grab a “good shot” and move on. Best wishes for you and your family in 2024.

That’s about the most pristine crab shell I’ve ever seen, Bill. Beautiful shot with perfect depth of field and nice light.

Beautiful contrast and sharp details. The lighting also came out very well. Best wishes in 2024.