Clover

This is from last summer, discovered while on a deleting spree. The flower was not very big in the frame, but when I hit the 100% zoom in LR I saw something I liked. So this is cropped to 7.4% of the original frame.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D4, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 400, 1/400 sec, f/5. Only very slight tonal adjustments, then into PS for the crop, NR and a few bug spots removed. Slight burn top and bottom.

6 Likes

Hi Diane,
I love the unusual angle and close-up tiny veins in the petals. All so sharp against the blurred stem and background. Very pretty.

Diane
Excellent! The close up suits this well and I like the focus choice.

Kathy

Great result from such cropping! For my eye, the colours make this so attractive. Also the slow change from dark to light .

Love the feel of this clover shot, Diane. For me, it feels almost like and abstract but there is still plenty of detail to add texture. Great dynamic composition. Very nicely done.

Nice POV and composition, Diane. I like the color, tone and texture. They fit well for the cheerful image of this flower.

Excellent crop that enhances the detail of the clover and interest for the viewer. Glad you decided to zoom in.

Excellent Diane, I love the composition and details that was captured

The slightly diagonal composition creates a more dynamic scene the combination of blur and sharpness is happening in all the right places. Definitely like this super-zoom bloom.

Thanks everyone, and many thanks for the EP! I was delighted to discover this crop in a much larger frame. I am waiting for them to bloom again and see what I can do with a macro lens.

Pretty amazing image. Love the focus choice fading to the bg. Looking forward to seeing what this year offers. Larry