The last clover

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

One dewey morning I found this clover that I thought was more interesting than its pristine siblings. Calm air let me do a modest focus stack (processed in Zerene Stacker) to keep the BG soft. Canon 5D4 with 100mm macro, f/2.8, ISO 200.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I like this, Diane. This works very nicely in B&W too. The droplets of dew is a real bonus. Very nice.

I also like it. Very sharp with lots of fine detail. The inclusion of the little flower bud popping thru is a nice idea as well.

Diane, this is a neat view of this clover with the water drops. Going b7w and fairly bright adds a nice sense of lightness.

Thanks guys – I actually think these were rain drops – dew drops would be more perfectly shaped, and it was the irregular shapes that attracted my eye as fitting with the imperfect shape of the ageing leaf.

Diane: Really good conversion and a beautiful rendition of a not quite perfect subject. Sometimes we pass over subjects like this but you’ve shown some wonderful details in the drops and leaf edges that make this special. Superbly crafted image. >=))>