Colorful flower

I enjoy the balances of textures, colors and lines in this photo. It has an odd focus point but I like that it leads beyond.

having travelled through
purplish red yellow and blue
what’s over the furl

Specific Feedback Requested

unprocessed, any suggestions are welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Ben: Day lilies are one of my favorite subjects and we have this same variety in our garden every year. I would estimate that on 99% of my day lily shots I look for critical focus on the edges of the anthers so your unconventional POF immediately caught my attention. It’s growing on me. The two things that catch my eye are the small green triangle on the right edge and the green in the ULC. I cropped a little and used some CA fill to make them go away. Back to you. >=))>

2 Likes

Thank you Bill! I appreciate your thoughts and the example photo!

The texture in the farther petals is very nice, and the colors are well-handled. Having the anthers OOF is an unusual take that doesn’t work for me. A focus stack would have been very nice, to see all the very interesting detail. Failing that, I wonder if it might work to go in closer from a slightly higher perspective so the anthers are even more OOF and abstracted.

Unique POF! I think it’s not bad. The bright vertical line in the center may be a little distracting. What do you think of deleting it?

Yes I agree @Nao_Koju . I deleted it and it was an improvement. Then, later I started again and just blended it in more and left a hint of it instead of deleting it. I didn’t repost it though. The comments have been helpful.