Come on home to Green River w/Repost

I kept looking at this image in the Raw processor and came to think it was dull and flat. Here’s a version with the contrast and brightness boosted a bit. To me it feels like there’s more life to it:

Orignal:

I love to take long exposures of flowing rivers and streams. The resulting abstract images are so fun (for me at least). I was taking some more ICM shots of the same plant in our yard that I previously posted. This reminds me of those river abstracts, and of course of the Creedence Clearwater Revival song Green River.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated. Does it work as an abstract?

Technical Details

110mm, 0.3 sec @ f/11, ISO 100.

4 Likes

David, yes it works as an abstract very nicely. Thinking back on your point about experimentation. The changes in shutter speeds, apertures, zooming movements of the lens, and a variety of other ideas can bring about some provocative looks… :+1:

David, this is a cool abstract. I agree with your edit. The second version looks more immersive than the original.

1 Like

Another great ICM image. Keep on to go out there and have fun! I think your repost is the better one. ICM images sometimes tends to become somewhat flat and dull as you say, so that is important to look out for and compensate for during post-processing.

1 Like

Exactly my first impression; looks like a green river.

1 Like

Wait, how did I miss this one? Good thing David moved some of these so the resurface and I can comment! :slight_smile:

Another wonderful ICM. I too like the repost. Much more vibrant and lively.

My only suggestion would be the darken the LL corner area to bring some balance to the luminosity. But that’s pretty minor.

Glad I got to see this one!

Lon