Coot in Cream

600mm, iso1000, f6.3, 1/640
Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice handling of the Blacks and whites here, retaining excellent detail.
I like the head-on view with bright eyes, and the algae.
fine work -
Sandy

Well exposed low angle image. I like the eye contact in the head on pose. Not sure what light conditions result in this water color, but it works here.

Thanks, David
Although it seems contrived, I did not really do much to this image at all.
I can shoot at almost duck eye level at my local pond, lens is 6-12" above the water and
overcast skies and windy conditions caused the water to just turn to milk in the photos.

Very nice, Dan. I like the position of the Coot in the frame and the head on look works well. I do wish there’s been some light on the dark leaf sticking out from the vegetation in the beak, but a very fine image regardless.

Nice head on shot with good detail. The foliage adds to the image and the contrast between the green of the foliage and red eyes is nice; too bad the larger piece wasn’t green as well.

Exposure is spot on, great angle, and IQ looks good. Really nice job, especially given that you were shooting a black bird in difficult conditions.

Good job exposing this image Dan. I like the milky color the water has taken and the head-on pose works well. I would wish for some color on the dark portion of the twig as Dennis mentioned, but certainly not much you could do. Cool image.