Creek, leaves, wind, rain

Revised

Original

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Playing with abstracts. In this one, I tried to convey a sense of joyous movement on a raucous fall day along the creek here in Eldo.

Specific Feedback

Any/all impressions, technical comments, and suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Technical Details

Canon EOS RP + EF100-400 @ 400 mm
0.3 s, f/5.6, ISO 100

Cathy, I like the sense of movement in your image. The clumps of leaves look like they are free falling. It almost feels like I’m looking at the scene through a window with rain drops. Nice effect.

To tidy up the composition, I would recommend either cropping or cloning out that sliver of bright blue on the bottom edge.

Cathy,

Quite the mind bender for me! I’m assuming the motion is ICM… and I think works very well in creating that motion and also a very abstract look.

The one thing that pulls me back to reality is the horizon line along the bottom which makes me think of a shoreline? but then it’s not so easy guessing which is which here, other than what appear to be leaves floating in the water. But no matter, great eye seeing and framing this.

As with most all abstracts, no right or wrongs. I could see cropping that entire dark area at the bottom which IMHO increases the abstract nature of this little scene. But that may not be your vision since you actually experienced it… :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing!

@Alfredo_Mora @Lon_Overacker Thanks for your thoughts on this! I made two new versions, one with the silver sliver cloned out and the other a crop of the bottom dark area. I’m posting the crop here because ,as Lon suggested, it’s more abstract and because I think it better conveys a sense of movement.