Cruising

Description:

I was photographing Egrets in the marsh behind Rocky Neck State Park, Ct on May 14, when the Big Blue came cruising by. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter ###
Specific Feedback Requested:
any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F8, 150mm, 1/4000, -1 EV, ISO 500. The shot is cropped by 30% into a 16 by 9.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I like the angle and pose in this image, Peter. The shadows, while strong, don’t bother me in this case. To my eye, the bird looks just a bit soft, but I messed up my left eye last Friday and it’s still pretty unreliable, so I wouldn’t do anything unless someone else has the same observation.

Really great capture, Peter! Great Blues are fun to watch!

It seems a bit soft to me, too, but not objectionable for small in the frame. I love the shadow of the neck on the wing. Looks like he’s on a mission.

Nice frame Peter and I like the composition. I find the pose intriguing with the notched neck being pretty cool. Bird seems just a tad soft but not objectionably so.

Hi
Thank you all for the comments. I agree it is a little soft, but I was looking at the eye and though the shot was useable.
Vanessa, I would love to have my work posted on NaturePhotoNet, there is only one small problem. I have never had a Instagram account and I am not on any other internet group. Call me old faction, I just like to keep as small of a foot print on the internet as possible.
Peter

Hi Peter,

The heron is slightly soft, but within reason. The pose is nice and I like the shape of the shadow. Well done…Jim