Dahlia Abstract

Last Dahlia image for the season, I promise.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments/critiques appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX 50S, GF 250mm + 1.4 Teleconverter + 45mm Extension Tube + 18mm Extension Tube, 9 sec @ f/22, ISO 100, Tripod. Minimal processing in Capture One

Love the lighting on the left side of the image as it gradually fades on the right. Each petal has its own personality and flow. Interesting composition that works well.

I agree with Patricia about the light. It works especially well with the curly forms and shapes of the petals. They’re so fresh I can practically smell and feel them. The luminous pink is luscious. It looks a little blue in the shadows to me…maybe a touch of warmth in the white balance? YMMV.

Beautiful colors, light and shapes. No nits here.

Such a gorgeous image David! I would be printing this one BIG and hanging it on my wall if it were mine.

A controlled riot of color and shape!! Gorgeous!

Really, you could do a dahlia-of-the-day for the rest of the year, as far as I’m concerned!

Hi David,

Looks fine as prersented. I like the lighting and the vibrant colors. Awesome…Jim

David: Don’t stop the dahlia shots if you have more like this. Marvelous lighting and color and a fine frame filling comp. Most excellent. >=))>

Love this Pat !!! what a capture… a homerun!!