Damselfly

I was looking to photograph the sweet yellow clover and a damselfly landed on it. I wanted to grab the shot quickly by repositioning. I wish I had given a little more space in front of the damselfly.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/9, 1/125, ISO 640
DPP4, PSCC, bright background toned down. Nik Detail extractor

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ravi, this is a nice look at a Damselfly. They are pretty small and in my experience, don’t like close company, so I think you did a nice job capturing this shot. Yes, a little more room on in front of him would have been nice. You did capture wonderful details of him and his perch, up against a nice smooth background. Great shot.

Ravi: I’m very OK with the lack of room on the left. Good luck happens to those who are prepared. Great job taking advantage of a fleeting moment. >=))>

Ravi, this is a great, frame filling view of this damselfly. The water drops on its wing and the raised leg behind are nice extra bits. The overall sharpness both in the damsel and its perch is outstanding.

Hi Ravi, nice details and pose you captured with the raised leg. Background sets this off quite nicely. Agree a little more room on the left would be a slight improvement. well done.

Hi Ravi,

I see nothing to complain about with this image. Because of the unusual morphology of damselflies, you have to fill the frame or the poor insect disappears in more spacious comps. There’s enough asymmetry in the vertical dimension to pull the eye up to the plant and thorax of the damselfly. Well done…Jim