Dandelion Wisps

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was taken with my new Lensbaby velvet lens. I am drawn to dandelion and milkweed seeds in the fall, this dandelion caught my eye as it was losing it’s seeds as I watched. It was a breezy day!
I love the effect the Lensbaby lens has with flower photography, with a velvety glow around a sweet spot of focus.

Technical Details

Shot with the Lensbaby Velvet 85. This is a manual lens with no metadata, I believe I shot this a f4 . The shutter speed was recorded as 1/2500. I used Auto ISO and apeture priority. It was a windy day.

1 Like

I like this a lot, Mary. the focus worked very well combined with the lens characteristics. I could see a little more room on the sides if you’re not wedded to the square crop.

1 Like

Thanks Dennis, I agree more room would have been good. This was a portrait shot, not much more room on the sides. Going forward I will remember to shoot both portrait and landscape, so I have choices.

Thia is lovely, with a very intriguing quality to the DOF that is difficult to pin down. That keeps me exploring and enjoying – good work!

1 Like

The sharpness of the subject with the out of focus background makes for a very pleasing image. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you Diane, I appreciate your comments! I am enjoying this lens.

Thank you Allen!

I am really enjoying this, Mary! I haven’t tried the Velvet 85, but I have had a couple of Lensbaby and didn’t seem to come up with a shot anything like this. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Thank you Shirley! I find the focus peaking on the Canon R6 to be really helpful. It is a challenge but I am having alot of fun with this lens :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lovely! The level/location of focus works really well.

1 Like

Thank you Bonnie!