Daylight Down

Sunset behind the frozen and snow covered black spruce near Glenallen, Alaska on the Glen Highway. It was approximately -36F and dropping.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Sony a6000, SEL1670Z @ 16 mm, ISO-250, f/8.0, 1/50, hand held.

Wonderful!! The blush of color in the sky is so lovely behind the snow-covered trees, and the sunburst is a wonderful grace note!

@Gary_Minish - I also like the gentle color in the sky. I missed the sunburst at first glance, but it is a nice touch. That temp sounds plenty cold! I don’t think I’ve been in that cold of temps unless I can count with the wind chill. :smiley:

Beautiful color in the sky and a very cold feeling scene, nicely matching that brutal temperature. I cannot even fathom being out in that kind of cold. But then I have lived in California a long time now and am a CA wimp. :smiley:

Gary, the blush in the sky and the sunburst are outstanding in their contrast to the cold snowy blues in the rest of the scene. -36F is COLD! Cameras and people don’t handle that well for any length of time.

1 Like

This is really cool. It’s amazing how much that roseish color adds to the image.