Fading Light

Blue Spruce in the last light of the day (3:00 PM) near Glenallen, Alaska. It was about -27 °F. These poor trees have a hard life and they show it.

Sony a6000, SEL1670Z @ 16 mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/25, hand held.

Gary, these spruce laden with snow make for a perfect holiday season look. The exposure is excellent for the extreme winter low light condition…:sunglasses:

The two tallest trees look good to me, Gary. The touch of pink in the midst of all the blue is a fine contrast. Yes, it looks cold, but I can hear the silence with the trees having a fine presence.

Great use of perspective, Gary. My eye is really pulled into this scene. Beautiful work.

Beautiful subdued scene and light. Despite the cold it looks inviting (although not a chance I would be out when it is -27). I would not mind a bit more foreground to give some breathing room, but not a huge deal. A very enjoyable image.

Very nice sky and cold looking trees…

Gary,

Beautiful. I’d say the trees look pretty healthy and hearty! For me, the patch of color and the lighter sky on the horizon gives this image depth and more dimension than an otherwise static scene. Well done.

Lon