Powder Blue Evening

Another one of my long time favorite wallpapers. A fairly long exposure taken in fading light right after a snow storm at Valdez, Alaska. It had just cleared up and the sky was mostly clear with ground fog and low clouds hiding most of the mountains across the bay.

Sony DSC-R1, ISO-160, f/8.0, 2.5 sec, tripod.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Gary, the collection of snow on the branches and trees looks great. The overall blue with the touch of white on the right speaks very well of the end of the day with a clearing storm.

Gary, I can sure see why this is one of your long time favorite wallpapers. I could see this printed large and hung some place where it gets seen a lot. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Great leading line in the creek, Gary, and the angled trees make for some nice triangles to boost the composition. I also like the color palette.

Gary: Brrrrr!, but still makes me want to be there. Beautiful scene superbly captured. >=))>