Debutoo

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/250 @ f11
This male monarch emerged this morning and we put him on the lantana to get ready and fueled up for his first flight. It was a little breezy so I was going through all kinds of contortions and adjustments with the tripod to try to get my plane of focus parallel to the wings. This was the best of over 40 shots and made intentionally tight and uncropped to show off the wing scale details. A couple hours later he was happily cavorting around the garden and in search of willing ladies. All comments welcome. Please view large. >=))>

1 Like

Oh Bill, this is fabulous! The details are superb, and I love how he is on the flower, with more flowers out of focus in the background. You really nailed this one. I don’t think I have seen a photo with this much details of a monarch. Just beautiful. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Bill
I really, really like this! Such great detail and superb choice of your focus point. :+1:

Excellent capture. Sure is a winner! Wow…just great.

Wow Bill, there is some amazing detail in the wing when viewed large. Love the composition, love the colors, the light…and the nice bokeh. Nice sharp head and eye. All-around cool shot!

One has to look at the larger version to enjoy the beauty of the fine and young scales. Tack sharp and wonderful…

Balan Vinod

well composed with wonderful color, detail, and background.