Desert Diamonds

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of our small succulents puts out these tiny flowers. This is close to 1:1. They are on the end of a relatively long stem which made for a good BG for the blooms. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM-II w/2xTC (400mm)
ISO 400, 1/60 @ f8, 12 image stack

2 Likes

Wonderful, Bill. I like the soft complementary colors. The branch and flowers emerge from the out of the blurry background as if the subject is reaching out to me. You achieve a soft mood while maintaining clarity and sharpness. The pattern in the background also enhances the image. i’d be proud to hang this on my wall. I’d keep the print on the small side.

This is so pretty! I agree with @Larry_Greenbaum’s comments. I can visualize this in a southwestern style home, in a small space that needs a touch of color.

Very delicate Bill, very nice treatment! :clap:

Gorgeous, Bill. I really like the way you portrayed these. The focus stack with the nicely blurred background worked very well and I don’t know how you did it, but the soft look of the flower buds is amazing-not out of focus, but no really annoying fine detail.

Great work with the focus stacking Bill. The muted colors of the in-focus flower buds is wonderful, and as said by @Larry_Greenbaum seems to be reaching out of the faded BG. Nice one.

Bill, this has a wonderful quiet beauty, with its pastel colors and limited bynamic range. I’d be tempted to dodge some of the darker areas of the background to further set off these beauties.