Desert Layers

My first time photographing dunes and found it challenging but also fun exploring all the lines, light, shadow and layers. Minimal crop from the original. Any feedback is appreciated!

1 Like

For your first time, you sure picked a cool section to photograph, Keith. All the ridge lines form some really nice geometry and all the fine lines at different angles add a ton of interest. Just don’t put this on a ship-the seasick folks won’t appreciate it!

2 Likes

Keith: Dunes are one of my favorite subjects and I never tire of viewing good images of them and this is certainly very good. Well seen and nicely composed and captured.>=))>

1 Like

I haven’t done many dunes but really love them too. This is beautiful. I love the consistent patterns of ripples, and also the consistent tone and colors. Great capture!

1 Like

Thank you @Dennis_Plank, that is too funny!!! I will take your advice.

Thanks @Bill_Fach & @Mark_Muller for the feedback, I really tried to leave well enough alone as far as the color temperature and over all look for a more natural/what my eye saw when I took the picture vs trying to push it to another level.

Glad you didn’t try to improve it Keith, Mother Nature presented a beautiful scene and you captured it very well. I think the shadows add a lot to the overall scene and love the different hues of yellow.

2 Likes

if this is your first dune shot, then you are a natural! simple and powerful, a sea of ripple details to wallow in, and powerful lines to keep me immersed criss crossing the image. and the sand color resonates within the realm of natural to me.

1 Like

Kieth, this is great! Every one of the layers here is glowing nicely and they all nice and sharp. Great idea focusing in on these four dunes with some fine light showing off their textures.

1 Like