Dreamland

This is my favorite shot from an Alaska cruise a few years ago. I never knew sea otters slept while floating. This little guy was alone but often they will raft together by holding paws. Canon PowerShot SX700 HS, ISO 160, f/6.9, 1/180, zoomed in at 135mm. Post processing probably included adjusting exposure and contrast. Wishing it was sharper but that’s all I had at the time. All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

1 Like

You caught a very cute pose here, particularly the position of the front paws, Jim. If you resize the larger image to about 1500 pixels on the long edge, it will probably look a lot better on the screen. I think the size it’s posted at is more than the image quality supports. I love the color and serenity of the water in this image-my only opportunity with these was in much worse shooting conditions.

Very nice, Jim, with the otter looking good and very relaxed in the turquoise (glacier melt) water. The reflection of the rear paws is a nice bonus. Yes, when your “cruising”, the shots tend to be grab and hope…

What a fun photo Jim and a great capture while cruising along.

Jim: Brought back great memories for me. My wife and I took a small ship cruise in 2017 and were out on a kayak almost every day. We came across a particularly cooperative otter who let us get close for some nice images. Thanks for the smiles. >=))>