Drops on leaf

One morning close to my summer cottage, I found this leaf with water drops.
f/2.8, 1/200, 60 mm macro, ISO 200

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

1 Like

Ola, this is beautiful. Love the colors, and wow, the details in the water drops, and those refractions, are wonderful. Was this a stack? If not, I really am amazed at the DOF you obtained at f2.8. However you accomplished it, it is a really nice macro shot. Love the colors too.

Gorgeous and so different! Amazing DOF! I love the mini-worlds refracted in the droplets, and the detail of the hairs on the leaves. I wonder if you meant to leave the hairs just sticking in the frame in the LL corner?

I’m conflicted about the droplets coming in from the UL – they point at the subject but pull my eye away from it.

1 Like

Stunning image! Very well done.

It is a lovely image with all the very fine detail in the leaves and water drops. And a very nice contrast between the darker bottom leaf and brighter top leaf. I might also look at a version with the UL water drops adjusted or removed. Just to see. Very well done.

Ola: One MUST view the largest image to appreciate the details. Really good plane of focus management and I like how you arranged the leaf in the frame. Most excellent! >=))>

Ola, the details in the water drops are outstanding. The supporting detail in the lower leaf, with the bright hairs along the edge add lots of interest there.

@Shirley_Freeman, @Diane_Miller, @Tony_Siciliano, @David_Leroy, @Bill_Fach and @Mark_Seaver thank you very much for your kind comments.

Yes Shirley, I have used focus stacking. I have not carried out the maths, but my thinking where that by using f2.8 and focus stacking shifting the focus point very little each time would give me sharp drops but still keep the background leaves blurred, instead of using a smaller aperture not being able to keep the background unsharp.

Regarding the drop in the ULC, I have discussed with myself if to keep or delete!

Best Regards,
Ola Jovall

1 Like

Hi @Diane_Miller, poor “border control” from my side! The hairs in the LLC to be removed. Thanks for pointing it out.
B.R.
Ola

Beautiful image! Love the drops and the refraction in them. The tiny hairs and the details add to the image. Agree with Diane on LU corner.