Critique Style Requested: Standard
The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.
Description
I got this image recently in the very early light of day and I like the ethereal quality of it. Kinda eerie.
Specific Feedback
Do you think it needs to be brighter? Cropping? Anything?
Technical Details
Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, cropped to 2769 x 2161, f 9.0, 1260mm, ISO 25600.
Hi Dave, this is a very interesting image. The time of day gave you a beautifully soft background and I like the position of the Thrush on the branch; don’t think any cropping is needed. I like the catchlight in his eye but there is that OOF section on his breast that’s distracting and I think the bird would benefit from some brightening up to make it stand out better.
Hi Dave. I’d call this “artistic” and leave it be. The really low light (maybe combined with processing) seems to have eliminated any fine detail in the plumage, though larger scale detail is fine, so any attempt to brighten it would just make it look weird. As is, it looks like blue hour and does have a rather ethereal quality.
Hi Dave,
Noise suppression looks very heavy and produced some smeared areas on the thrush. The photo is very blue to the lighting and reduction of cyan saturation will help the comp. I like the pose and the head turn is very nice…Jim
Nice look at a bird , Dave, that too often likes to hide in the underbrush. I like the pose and the perch. You might play around with reducing the cyan and green in the thrush and see how it looks.
Lovely pose, setting and colors, but the NR has not done you any favors.