Edge of a Rose w/ Rework

Rework with some brightening of the LLC:

Original:

A recent image from Portland’s Rose Garden.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

110mm, 1/1300 sec @ f/2, ISO 500, handheld.

Super lovely! Wonderful color and the DOF is very nice, with one area quite sharp and several more with just enough hint of detail to keep me looking around. A pleasure to view!

Beautiful and soft edges and lines and colors! I love this.

Butterly beautiful, David!

Wow, talk about knife-edge DOF. Do I yearn for more? Just a bit. I keep looking for it as a natural part of how I see, but then there is such lovely softness and gradation of, as Mike put it, butterly beauty. If it were mine I’d have a go at lightening the LLC so as to mimic the tonalities in the opposite corner. It may smooth the transitions and keep the lighter mood so to speak.

1 Like

This one totally works as presented here, David. It truly has that Soft Focus specialty lens look to it with the overall focused center and softer edges. Excellent… :sunglasses:

Good catch on that corner, Kris. Thanks, I am posting a rework up above. I used an adjustment brush to lighten and another brush to add a bit more warmth to hopefully even it out.

Cheers,
David

@Diane_Miller, @Mark_Muller, @Mike_Friel, @Kris_Smith, and @Paul_Breitkreuz thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated. This is a recent favorite of mine.

Cheers,
David

I love it! I think it completes the image and makes it more cohesive and deliberate.

1 Like

Another wonderful image that fits the theme of your recent postings. I’m enamored with that curve, and think the repost is a decided improvement; it accentuates the curve even more. (The lifted shadows seem to fit the overall image better too.)

1 Like

Hi David! I can’t think of anything new and unique to contribute, so I’ll just say I love this! The repost is excellent. Print it large and hang it on the wall!

1 Like

David, this is a very pleasant image. I love the colors and the lines/curves in this. Very nice, and the repost makes it even better.

1 Like