Elderly hosta leaf

What technical feedback would you like if any? All comments welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Pentax k30,DA18-135mm @ 78mm,ISO100,.6sec,f10

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below instagram m.a.kimpton

An interesting subject, Mike. I like the texture, lines, curves and color in this old leaf. The black BG makes it stand out nicely.

1 Like

I agree with Shirley, Mike. The texture, lines, curves and color are great. There is a wonderful sense of rhythm going on that’s very pleasant to look at. I am just wondering what sort of additional lighting, if any, did you use/set up?

2 Likes

Thank you Shirley, I think they are interesting subjects.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Linda. I took this inside . I use a black background and I like the room dark so I can control the light. I use small table top photo lights, I made a paper cone that fits the front of the light . This narrows light light beam. sometimes I use a small flash light to fill in if needed . I hope this helps, let me know if I can help further. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mike: Terrific subject and fine lighting. I also like your DOF/POF choice. I would like you to consider resizing your images before you post. The site posting guidelines recommend a minimum of 1500 pixels on the long side but I’ve found that if you have an image longer than about 2000 pixels it starts to tax the server, loads slowly and when expanded to full size only a small portion of the image fits on the screen. Thanks for your consideration and for posting such fine work. >=))>

Sorry Bill , I have my LR export set to 60 percent and the long side at 1000 pixels. Not sure why it is so big ?

Mike, the shape, lines and textures show beautifully against the black background.

Thank you Mark , appreciate your opinions :slight_smile: