Elderly hota leaf ll There is a light side and a dark side to aging

What technical feedback would you like if any? All comments welcome. I hope I have the sizing correct on this one, still learning.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Photographed indoor , tri pod mount, Pentax k30,100mm macro,3.0sec,f10,iso100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. m.a.kimpton
1 Like

Mike, I like the selective focus on this. I like how you have captured the lines and shapes in the back side of this leaf. The dark side seems a bit dark, unless that is your artistic vision, and if so, then I would leave it be. As for size, it seems to be opening up to a smaller than normal “large view”. Are you using LR to export? I have saved my export settings to the NPN’s requirements (recommended 2000, and image quality 60), which is nice, so I don’t have to worry about the size or quality when preparing a photo for NPN. Hope that helps. Very creative image.

Thank you Shirley, I did want a dark side to this, maybe too dark,trying to show a light and dark side to aging. :slight_smile: I do export with LR . I was having trouble getting the settings to work and the images were too big. I will try to readjust again . Appreciate your input .

1 Like

Mike: I think this is a very intriguing and successful shot. I really like the lighting and the selective focus. As for the size, this has a long side of 1000 pixels. The NPN recommendation is for a minimum on the long side of 1500 pixels. I generally make vertical images 1500 pixels tall and my horizontal images 1500-2000 pixels wide depending on the subject matter. I do all of my finishing work in sizing and sharpening for export in Photoshop after doing the exposure adjustments in Lightroom. This may be a little like Goldilocks and the three bears where one porridge was too hot, one was too cold and one was just right. You’re getting close. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks Bill,I will try to readjust .
:slight_smile: