Elephants in the Winterthorn Forest

I’ve been fortunate to squeeze in a couple of Africa trips in the last few months. Of all the wildlife destinations out there, Africa seems to be the most accessible right now. I also found the travel process, including safety regulations and precautions, all pretty easy to deal with.

I returned last week from Zambia. It was my first visit there, and I haven’t had a chance to touch the photos yet. This is a quick pull from the collection, which I felt was appropriate, since this area on the Lower Zambezi was my favorite location during the trip. I fell in love with this winterthorn forest, so different from other places I’ve visited in Africa. It was fun trying to line up the occasional animal amidst all the sparse, dark trunks. It’s entirely possible I’ll find some elephant shots I like more in this setting, but as mentioned, I spotted this one pretty quickly and thought it would look interesting in monochrome.

Canon R6
Canon 100-500
ISO 400
1/800th
f/7.1

Max

@maxwaughphoto
1 Like

Max, the forest is quite striking with all of the strong vertical trunks, clear floor and the canopy of leaves at the top. The elephants are clear, but “make you look”, which adds well to the viewing.

1 Like