Emigrant Creek Cascade #2

The Emigrant Creek Cascades hold many possible views. Here’s an alternative taken from nearly the same spot as my previous post but emphasizing the vertical flow of the water. (R5, 24-105 @ 70, 1.6 s, f/16, iso 100, tripod, polarizer and 4 stop ND filter. Note it’s similarity to a crop suggested for my previous post. Cutting off the flow exiting the lower left was deliberate.

4 Likes

The softness in the waterfall is stunning, Mark.

Very nice, Mark. I love how the water brings your eye around a curve. There’s good contrast. There’s lots of interesting subject matter. I wonder if cropping the bottom up to just above the top of the last rock the water is going over or leave a bit of the top portion would work better. I’m just using my hand to crop it so really can’t tell if that would work. Just an idea. Good job!!

Just lovely Mark. I really like images of silky smooth water over interesting rocks such as those you have here. My one thing about it is the sharp rock on top right…once I saw it my focus keeps going back to it. I realise that it can’t be cropped out without losing part of the waterfall, and I don’t have enough expertise to know whether it can be cloned out. Very good image and makes me want to do more waterfall work…something I haven’t really done much of. Cheers.

1 Like

Very nice, Mark. I like the warm colors in the rocks and the contrast between the silky water and the sharply focused rocks. Overall I like the composition. You made a nice Z shape that is very pleasing. I agree with @Phil_G about the sharp rock in the upper right hand corner. Also, I would like to see a little more of the water at the bottom left and top right.

Very nice visual flow. Wonderful detail in the rocks, especially the the one in the foreground.

Mark,

This vertical version works beautifully. Very appropriate composition given the cascades and flow of the scene.

As previously, the colors and detail are excellent, spot on.

The only small nit I have is the protruding rock in the URC. And actually, it’s probably the green moss that is drawing the attention. Desaturate that and I think I might not have commented on that.

Lon

Wonderful sense of motion here and the composition leads my eyes from top to bottom in a pleasant zig-zagging diagonal. Great counterpoint between the softness of the water and the solidity of the rocks and boulders. It’s a great moment in time because we see neither the origin of the water nor its destination; it’s an extended moment, finite.