Enlightened II +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

From my 2019 lotus images, this vibrant addition embodies the quiet hours by the pond, capturing the pure elegance of nature in full bloom

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

ƒ/8 @ 1/400 145 mm ISO100

1 Like

Don, the colors in the flower are lovely. I like the sharpness of the whole blossom. The leaf to the left is about half of the picture. I wish I could push it out of the way and see the rest of the blossom. A much tighter crop would allow the flower to take cetner stage. I wonder if a square crop would strengthen the composition. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Don: What an incredibly beautiful flower and marvelous light. I agree with Barbara about the leaf but think cropping to 5:4 from the left works really well. The color in the leaf is a wonderful complement to the bloom and the left edge that would be cropped away is pretty dark and won’t be missed IMO. Terrific shot. >=))>

Yes , crop some from the left will strengthen the comp. The whites in the brighter regions of the image are fairly strong and you may want to adjust them down slightly. Still, a very pleasing image as presented…Jim

@Barbara_Djordjevic @Bill_Fach @Jim_Zablotny

Thanks for the feedback! Have cropped as suggested and dropped the whites slightly. Again thanks for the valuable feedback! :pray:

1 Like

Don, I like the crop. It balances the image and shows the beauty of the large leaf and the flower.

1 Like

Another gorgeous one!! Yes to the crop!

1 Like

Thanks Diane! :pray:

Rework does the trick for me. Very nice…Jim

1 Like