Enlightened

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In 2019, I was captivated by the lotus flower’s charm and spent numerous hours beside a pond, carefully photographing them. I assembled a set of images, both in vibrant color and in the stark honesty of black and white. While the natural colors of the lotus are indeed beautiful, there’s something about the black and white images that continues to draw me in, offering a timeless perspective on their elegance.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

ƒ/5.6 @ 1/200 118 mm ISO100

Don: These are beyond beautiful and so interesting how a single capture can produce such disparate images. I’m an avowed color junkie so I really like the color version but the B&W is stunning in its own right. Many kudos and :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Beautiful Photo Captured all the tones in black and white photography that i like. !!!

1 Like

Lotus flowers are rare for me to find and so special! I love what you’ve captured here, in both versions. This one works equally for me in both versions.

1 Like

Don, that you are able to spend hours on this flower, speaks volumes about you as a photographer and person. I am kinda biased, so I like the monochrome just a bit more and I like how you call the quality of it a stark honesty. Great images, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks Holger! We have the same bias. :+1:

Thanks Diane, they are an amazing plant! Glad you like them! :pray:

Thanks Bill! I think the structure and contrast between the leaves and the flower itself that lends the lotus to both formats. Glad you like them! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thanks Gill! :pray:

@Kris_Smith
THANKS KRIS! :pray: