Etherial Athabasca

Athabasca river in fall between rain squalls. It was one of those days where the weather changed every 15 minutes.

Any comments on tonal contrast, colour or composition is welcome.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@nathankleinphotos

2 Likes

A classic look that turned out quite well. I love the clouds and the mood they create.

1 Like

Nathan, the way you render that mist on the mountain… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Too beautiful. Print, frame, hang it.

1 Like

I can only agree with what has been said. Great how many details you can discover when you zoom in. I like everything about this picture. What @Adhika_Lie said was also my first thought. What I particularly like is the rocky outcrop in the upper left image behind the mountain. He seduces the whole thing even more deeply. A really strong image.

This is a gorgeous image Nathan. I love the mist and clouds swirling around the mountain. The way the soft light is illuminating the mountain creates a wonderful mood. My only suggestions would be to add some vignetting along the top edge/corners, and to lift a bit more shadow detail out of the spruce trees along the river. These are nits, but here is what I had in mind.

Thanks @Adhika_Lie @Harley_Goldman @Ed_McGuirk @Martin9 for your comments. Ed I like the Vignette.

The Canadian rockies are definitely my muse at the moment.

Very well captured: the composition and colors are fabulous. We all have our own personal style; my style would be to darken the sky and the light part of the mountain, as well as add some contrast to the snowy part of the mountain, like so:

Hi @Tony_Siciliano I like what you’ve done here. Your edits has created more drama. It is slightly different to my direction but definitely a valid approach. Thanks for taking the time to offer a suggestion.

This is wonderful Nathan, it’s so majestic. and you captured a great atmospheric moment. I don’t think it really needs any changes, but I’ll just throw one more idea on the pile. It’s a little heavier on the left side than on the right, so you could “rebalance” the image by moving the center portion to the right and stretch the left and compress the right side:

1 Like