Every low sun angle

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was my first day out photographing, sense late June. I found a group of Egrets in the back of Rocky Neck. The sun had just cleared the tree and come in at a right angle to this Egret. To get the correct exposure on the Egret, most of the background had to pushed into black.
The shot was taken on Oct 13, 2023.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4Ext, f9, 560mm, 1/1600, ISO 400 and cropped by 60% in DXO PhotoLab 6.

The whites look fantastic, Peter. I really like the compositio with the bird right on the boundary of the light and dark-the perfect location for that background.

Good job on the exposure, the whites came out well. I like how the image transitions from light to dark.

Super focus and detail, and wonderful whites! The bugging-out capture works with the interesting topside view and perfectly matched BG!

Hi Dennis, Allen & Diane
Thank you for your comments.
Peter

Hi Peter,
Nice to see the topside of the wings as well as the eye as the bird is about to fly into the darkness. Nice exposure too.

Great timing on this photo. The lighting and background looks great

Hi Peter, I like the outstretched wings and the whites kook great against he bark BG. My biggest nit is I wish the bird was coming towards me. Feel like it doesn’t engage the viewer as much when the bird is flying away. Still nicely executed!

Hi Allen, Dean & Kurt
Thank you for your comments.
Kurt ack and you will receive.
This is the next photograph, I had intended to post.
Peter