Exploding Paintbrush

Sony A100
Tokina 80-200
ISO 100, .8secs @ f32
Was searching my Lightroom catalog for another image and came across this zoom exposure from many years ago. Of course this is much more overt than the excellent more subtle zoom exposure from Ravi but still a fun shot. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A neat mix of colors, Bill. I have not experimented much with zooming while clicking. I really need to try that, because each time I see a shot that someone has done, like this one, I really do like the outcome. I like how this one’s lines from the zoom just draws me to the center.

Nice one, Bill. I’m always open to the experimental side of photography. Loosens up the old static types like me. Truly a bit easier with digital, but I still try some change-ups as it were in the field myself. And of course post processing is another part of the experimental approach too. Very enjoyable take…:sunglasses:

Bill, it’s really effective. I think your aim and control were spot on, and the distribution of the blue flowers throughout the frame really ties everything together.

Max

What fun! It’s a nice take on a familiar subject, and your comp works very nicely.

Bill, I like this one very much. probably 8 secs of exposure gave you enough time to turn the zoom enough to give you nice center. I like the way the red flower is close to center. the blue flowers are nicely distributed throughout the frame. all lines led to the center where the red flower is. It looks dreamy. There are so many creative ways to do the zoom blur.

Bill, this is really cool. All lines lead to the red center.:+1: