Eye-candy sunrise over wetlands

This is in Madison, WI. I used to live on the edge of town where there was an amazing network of bike paths and trails weaving through wetlands, grasslands, and forests. While there, I went on solitary trail runs through the parks nearly every morning and would wake up early with the birds, deer, bugs, fog and sun. As the days and miles went by, I noted different vantage points that could make a good photo at different times of the day, and even saw some incredible scenes but did not have my camera. One morning the forecast was for fog, so instead of going on a run I hiked out with my photography gear and happened upon this sunrise. This has been near the top of my favorite image gallery on my website for a long time, because it was one the first images I took that I really felt like a photographer that could make an image with intention and at least kind of knew what he was doing! Three and a half years later I still only kind of know what Iā€™m doing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Beautiful sky, clouds and color. Good leading lines too. I can see why it is one of your favorites.

1 Like

Brent, the colors are amazing, with the reflection in the waterway giving them added emphasis. The touches of fog are a special addition.

1 Like

Those are some wild clouds. Nice reflection.

Beautiful sky and reflections, Brent, and I love the leading lines in the river and clouds. Excellent image.