Fall Grass

I caught the late afternoon sun on these lovely grass seeds as the plant prepares for winter. Always a clear sign the season has changed.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any comments are welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Olympus OMD Mark II, 60mm macro lens, f/11, 1/200, ISO 400. Handheld

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice, Ann Louise. I like the play of light on the grass seeds. The green and browns work well together. Nice presentation. Yes, the season is changing and I’m not looking forward to it.

Ann Louise: A fine subject superbly captured and presented. I like light like this and you’ve used it very well. Many kudos. >=))>

I see the intimate beauty of nature, simple and well presented. This is not a nit, but I wonder if you perceive the blue sky peeking through as a distraction. It could be cloned out. Wonderful image.

Ann Louise, this is a wonderful photo of these grasses. I really am enjoying the detail in the “flower,” so detail and delicate. Truly a great photo, nicely seen and captured.

Ann Louise, this is an excellent look at this seed head. The surroundings add well to the story.

Thanks to everyone for your comments! It is great to know what someone else “sees” in the photo. I was also wondering about the blue sky. I will try cloning.
Ann Louise

Ann Louise,
Every time I’m in a field of tall plants the wind is blowing and I cannot get a shot without motion blur which makes me very envious of this image and the amazing detail you managed. The over all composition is excellent with wonderful light and great color. I like the touches of blue that at interest and help tell the story of this moment. Well Done . . .

Mike,
Thanks for adding your perspective to the discussion! It is rare to find a non-windy moment to photograph outside, especially in the late afternoon. I was lucky to get it.