Fall migration

This is a series of shot taken at Rocky Neck state Park on Sept. 4, at 9:08 Am, showing the Egrets gathering for the trip south. I just liked the photo as a starting point. I did remove a brown out of focus rock just to the front of the landing Egret and two out of focus Snowys in the back upper left corner. The rest of the photos are as you see them.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, 1.4x, f9, 500-600mm, 1/2000, ISO 320-500. cropping 10% to 45%, the white highlight, contrast and vibrancy were adjusted in DXO Photo Lab 4.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this wonderful series, Peter. Nicely seen and captured.

Wonderful series of images. You are very fortunate to have them stop over nearby. Two nits: top edge first photo has a bit of distracting half-round something and second one has white spot top edge left.

Thank you Linda & Jim for the comments. I think I found what you were talking about in the first photo and in the second the white spot is the sky peeking through the trees. I have posted shot, with what I believe you were talking about changed.
Peter

You did and very well.

Nice collection. Good job on the exposures and action. Well done.

Hi Peter,

I like the pose and your edited versions work for me. The whites are exposed perfectly and feather details are present. The focus point is up on the wing in the first shot and the head is slightly out of focus. You may want to selectively sharpen the head slightly. Overall, an excellent series showing the end of Summer…Jim