Fall of Night

Fall of Night, San Mateo Coast, California / 2017

I do most of my photography along the Northern California coast. However, after two decades of living close by, I have managed to amass only a handful of finished prints. It’s embarrassing I know, by any standard. A big reason for the meager output is because I prefer the experience of simply being in the landscape and try to avoid unnecessary distractions, such as operating a camera. But then, there are also times when you feel compelled to make a picture. This was one of those times.

This 1:1 presentation is a vertical panorama created by stitching together two horizontal RAW files.

Canon 5DsR, 24mm TSE, 2 shifted frames @ f/22, 1/13 sec, ISO 100 / Photoshop CC

Thanks for looking and for sharing your thoughts on this image.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful sky and scene, Anil. That is some gorgeous light and clouds. This will make a beautiful print.

Anil, nice to see a post from you. I love this. Great color and nice textures throughout. I also like the subtle glow on the water.
–P

This is an interesting stitch, Anil. Also interesting that you used a TSE lens, as I can understand how a shift enabled you to control the convergence. The square format lends itself well to how the clouds fan out from the center. I also appreciate how board straight the horizon is - obviously an advantage in architectural work.

1 Like

Anil,

So simple, yet so powerful. So often we look to the sea and are amazed at the vastness… yet the sky towers over the sea and is even more vast. This captures that feeling for me.

Great work!

Lon

1 Like

Outstanding work, Anil. Quiet, beautiful and absolutely wonderful to view. I love images like this when they are done to perfection like this one is. I can look at this one for a long while!

1 Like

Anil: I’ve always admired your work and this is no exception. Perfect placement of the horizon for me and a wonderful understated color palette. Great to have you aboard and posting. I’m looking forward to more. >=))>

1 Like