Fallen Red Maple

This Red Maple fell away from the main woods a number of years ago. It’s doing quite well in the prone position as shown by the heavy bloom. Besides the reds in the tree, I was drawn to the reflections in the gently rippled pond as I sat quietly hoping the beaver would come out. Showing the whole crown of this tree meant too much woods, pulling attention from the tree and it’s reflection.

5D3, 100-400 IS II @ 200 mm, 1/30 s, f/13, iso 800

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Mark, well done here. This tree is a survivor. It amazes me how foliage can re-root or start growing right out rock formations. This is one of those examples. The red is a real draw photographically for sure. With all the detail here this one would be a scene for compression saving issues no doubt. A really nice find…:+1:

This is lovely, Mark. I really like the colors and reflections. An excellent job of depicting a lone tree in a forest setting.

A beautiful scene. I especially like the colors in the water.

Excellent color in this image. The reflection in the water is perfect. A beautiful composition.

Mark: I often prefer reflections like this to the mirror smooth look we usually see. Really nice find and a fine capture. >=))>