Falls Creek Falls

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Falls Creek Falls in SW Washington. This is a triple plunge of 335 total feet, is one of the most scenic waterfall destinations in the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately, I no longer have the technical details, but I suspect it was an exposure of 1.5 seconds.

1 Like

A very nice capture of this iconic bit of scenery! I especially like the explosive effect of the water hitting the plunge pool - it really anchors your eye.

1 Like

Thanks James! In the winter and spring these falls are really gushing. The noise is deafening. Thanks again for your feedback.

This looks very lush, green and dramatic.

1 Like

Thank you Mark! Really appreciate the feedback and comments.

Gorgeous view Scott, composition, lighting, and timing are all great. 1.5 seconds seems about right for the lighting and apparent speed of the water. Appreciate your inclusion of the foreground too, which provides a nice bottom frame.

Thanks Jim, most appreciated! This is a very special place and I have photographed it many times. Never gets old.

What an amazing picture
The place appears majestic and the way you portrayed is very inviting.

1 Like

Thank you Aref! It truly is an amazing place.

1 Like