February morning

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

I think this is a triple wow!! I love the dramatic light, the composition and the blue and gold colors.

It seems a very small nit but I wonder if some barrel distortion would correct the inward lean of the trees. But they are leaning in toward the rising sun so I don’t think it’s a flaw, just an idea, and the two on the right aren’t leaning, so its maybe just the way they are growing.

1 Like

I’m in love with this one! The combination of cool and warm, shadow and light, and the special feel of winter scenes are very attractive to me. This makes me eager for the upcoming season!

1 Like

The quality of light here is outstanding. You’re shooting into the sun yet the shadows are light. Can’t beat the light in those northern latitudes, There is a magic here. The same magic Lean produced in the winter scenes of Dr Zhivago. A cold, silent stillness.

1 Like

Jorma, I think there is a call on the Weekly Challenge for images that would make fine Holiday cards. Man, is this ever it. I can just feel the snow under my snow shows as I wade out into this gorgeous landscape and that amazing low, winter light. I’m headed out for a little winter photo expedition in mid-January and I can’t wait.

1 Like

Beautiful handling of back-lighting. The distribution of the prominent trees is just perfect.

1 Like

Beautiful image Jorma. The light is fantastic. My only suggestion would be to crop out some of the upper right corner. The right side doesn’t seem to add much to the image. Would a square crop work?

1 Like

Thanks Benj! Yes, I have two versions of this, just that square you mentioned but I think it’s a little too simple and that’s why I like more this original

1 Like