Female Red Fox, Again

She gave me such a nice pose I couldn’t resist photographing her again.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I like this image for the most part, except that dark tree limb running diagonally in the UR.

Technical Details

Canon R7, Canon RF 100-500mm @ 400mm, f6.3, 1/800 sec., ISO 320 (auto ISO). Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Very light Topaz DeNoise.

1 Like

Who could resist that face? Take and show as many shots as you want. She’s lovely and that coat is amazing. You’re just partial to redheads aren’t you? :wink: :grin:

This looks like it’s on top of that big rockpile…a different angle or location anyway. Are you higher up still? I love the eye contact even if the URC is a bit of a jumble. Nice sidelight brings up the texture. You could have a go cloning out some of the sticks directly under and to the left of her face. Edge clean up too while you’re at it. If you can tear yourself away from watching for her again!

1 Like

Thanks for the comments and suggestions @Kris_Smith. I am actually more partial to the Gray Foxes. They’ve been around much longer and they are much more congenial. But there is no denying she’s a beauty. Her mate is a pretty color, but his coat is not as luxurious, nor is his tail as bushy.

She is actually on a different rock pile than you usually see them on and yes, I’m about 10 feet above her. I tried everything I could think of to mitigate the mess in the URC, but everything I tried just made it worse. I think the fix for that is a limb saw so it doesn’t happen again. I can certainly clean up the sticks, etc. if they’re offensive.

1 Like

Wow! I would look at cloning out the sticks between her legs, and the one behind her neck then hang this on the wall. Way to go.

Thanks @Dave_Douglass. Were it not for that distracting mess in the URC, I would do exactly as you suggest.

I like the pose and the eye contact!
You may reduce the yellows a touch, if you like.

Thanks @JRajput . I’ll take a look at that.