Female Red Wing Blackbird

I believe this is a female Red Wing Blackbird. In the 20 + years that I have lived here, I have seen one male and this female. So this is a rare sighting in my neighborhood. This bird is considerably larger than most of the sparrows that I see but it is rather sparrow like. Not my favorite perch but this is all it would give me.

I realize there is a strong white reflection on the top of the perch but I am not so sure that I could remove it successfully. It may or may not be an issue.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 6400, 400+ 2X, F6 .3, 1250th, Sony alpha-1, tripod

1 Like

Kinda has a backlit feel to it with the rim light on the perch. I like the pose and I think you’re spot on with the id. I also like the OOF background.

A sweet little bird giving you a wonderful pose. The perch may not be ideal for you, but it does have charm. It’s positioned well in the image. You mentioned the white reflection; I don’t see it as a problem. My only suggestion would be to perhaps, do a gradient burn on the bottom edge of the perch.

The background is to die for.

Wonderful detail! A nice pose, great light and perfect BG!

We have them down here but the females have always looked dull brown to me. I’ll have to pay more attention.

Lovely female RWBB. The complimentary colors of the plumage and the background are really special.

I like the pose and how its colors work well with the background. Interesting that RWBBs aren’t common your way as they’re all over the Willamette Valley, not that far from you,