Red-winged Blackbird

A fairly classic shot of a RWBB, but this is the first shot I’ve gotten of a female with red in the wing.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any. Probably a bit soft due to NR at this high ISO.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600mm; 1/1000 at f6.3; +1/3 EV; ISO 2500

Nice image with pleasant, muted light. Beautiful female you had here. Maybe some more room below could work, but already very nice as presented. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Thanks, @Hans_Overduin, I had originally planned on adding a bit to the bottom, but forgot. Oh, well.

A real nice look at her, Allen. love that she is perched on a cattail, which shows her in her environment. Nice BG which makes her and the perch stand out. Yes, more room would be nice. Still a nice shot.

1 Like

Well isolated from the background. Nice perch. Good job on the exposure and detail.

1 Like

I think if you have some space to give, add a little more from the bottom of the frame. I see your note to Hans’s post. I like the lighting, soft BG, and placement of the subject on the LH side works well here. Well done…Jim

1 Like

A really nice classic pose Allen. Detail looks fine to me. You make an interesting comment about the flash of red and I will keep an eye for it.

1 Like

I’ve been trying for years–to no avail–to capture a blackbird on a cattail. So, I love the perch. Background is nice. Looks like the sharpness is somewhat lacking, and I’d agree with a little more room on the bottom.