"Flamingo Feathers"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

1/1000 sec @ f/11, Canon EF 70-200mm lens, ISO 800

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

3 Likes

Truly beautiful image. The details and colors are so very clear and crisp. It has such a nice flow and rhythm to it, makes me think of a watercolor.

A very nice closeup of the Flamingo feathers, Doug. Excellent details in the feathers, and the color is a nice variation of shades. I am finding though, that the bottom left is pulling my eye to it. I believe, if this was my photo, I would try a crop of 4X5 to crop that portion (I think it might be his wing), out, and just have all the wonderful flow of feathers. I love everything else about this image.

I noticed the lower left initially but then the top right, too. I think they balance each other and would leave as is. Wonderful macro.

Doug, the fall of feathers looks great. The variety of red tones throughout looks good also. Well seen.

Thanks a lot, Linda! They are one of nature’s wonders.

Hi Shirley! I understand what you mean about the lower left. I could have easily warped that wing out…without taking away from the wing. Good idea. Thanks!

1 Like

Jim, I can see that point too. Yah, I noticed the balance of the image, and the way the eye moves around between the corners, and sort of liked it myself. TX!

Doug: The bigger the better. The large version is spectacular IMO. I love the details in the feathers and the subtle gradations of color and texture. Most excellent.>=))>