Floating Stars

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is water flowing through a pond at a fish hatchery on a sunny afternoon. I’m not sure exactly what caused the crazy reflections.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is always welcome.

Technical Details

1/250 sec @ f22, Iso 800

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

This is very nice.
Nice and simple. This image provides plenty of room for a long look

I thought I recognized some of those patterns from your earlier post in Everything_Else Chris. I love the stars on the water in this.

Veeery cool!! I love the starbursts, and the patterns behind them are very nice!!

What Diane said - very cool! I have some thoughts, but I’ll have to come back later when I have more time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Chris, the mix of starbursts and crazy pattern are real eye catchers. The starbursts show off the tiny aperature that you used. I suspect that there was a fence reflection to give you the pattern. Well seen and captured.

@Ed_Williams @joaoquintela @Mark_Seaver @Diane_Miller Thank you very much for your encouraging comments.

I look forward to it. Have a great time at Yellowstone.

Chris: Well seen and superbly capture. Marvelous “What is this?” patterns and a very cool color palette. Most excellent. >=))>

@Bill_Fach Thanks, Bill.