Flowers in the Desert - Ramon Crater, Israel

Taken in the desert at the Ramon Crater in Israel in March 2019. Israel had so much rain that flowers were blooming in the desert. I took a lot of photos of the wildflowers, but this pink flower with a few raindrops on it got my attention. I don’t know what flower this is so can’t give you specifics on it. Emotionally, to me it feels like this flower is rising above the others and telling them to wake up.

What technical feedback would you like if any? !

What artistic feedback would you like if any? - Any thoughts welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Fuji XT2, ISO 1000, 55-200 @200, 1/600, f6.4

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

ig @RobertaKayne

1 Like

Roberta, the mix of colors throughout this picture is great. There is a nice bit of eye movement along the lower left-upper right diagonal between the buds and the blooms. The water drops are a fine extra bit. Removing that bit of petal edge on the right would be good.

Roberta, this is really well done. Good color and DOF. I would agree with @Mark_Seaver about the petal on the right edge.

Roberta, this is truly a very nice image. I love that you have both the buds and the blooms, which my eyes can feast upon. I agree with Mark about that one little piece of another bloom on the right side. Great shot.

@Shirley_Freeman @Harley_Goldman @Mark_Seaver - Thank you for your very kind, thoughtful and helpful comments. I will definitely remove the petal edge on the right, and I appreciate you mentioning it.

This is lovely, Roberta. I really like the composition and the layering of the foliage in the image. The open bloom is placed very well. A beautiful image.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my photo Dennis. I appreciate your feedback!