Frost Fairies at Work

Another antique from 2017. I use part of this as the banner on my Flickr (woefully out of date) page, but on that one, I’d been playing around and turned it into tones of gold. Ice on a car window.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIII, 180 mm, f3.5 macro lens, hand held, f/4, 1/1250, iso 640, aperture priority. It’s been too long since I processed this to remember much, but I just went back and moved some light around in LR for this version.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
4 Likes

The first thing that came to mind: It looks like a piece of silk damask. Just simply beautiful, Dennis. I may consider cloning out the “dots” at the lower part of the image but this is very well seen. In particular the reaching diagonal from ULC to the LRC, it looks like a feather.

Dennis, this is an outstanding “frost on a window” shot. The details in the frost look great and the touch of warm color adds a fine bit of extra interest.

Gorgeous Dennis. Does remind me of silk and also of a very fine etching. Very nicely captured.

It does look like fabric. The toning, from gold to blue is very appealing.

Beautiful and mysterious abstract, Dennis. Love the patterns and colors. I am with @Adhika_Lie about cloning the water droplets (?) in the lower area, but not big deal. I am really enjoying this one.

Dennis: The textures and flow of the ice patterns are just wonderful. It looks like frozen grasses and the subtle hint of color is the icing on the cake. Most excellent! >=))>

Nothing to add…what a great image. Agree with cloning out drops/dark spot. For more energetic feel, I wonder about flipping it vertically.

Love the gentle textures in this image!

Dennis,
I just love this image. So organically beautiful. The variety and patterns are mesmerizing. Well done!!

I missed this the first time around. Just love everything about it and it does make a great wallpaper. Gorgeous and definitely deserving of the WP.

Sorry I missed this one earlier. This is just incredible in every way Dennis. I can sit here and look at this all day long. Mesmerising. I am not bothered at all by the water droplets.

Lovely, and very nice seeing it large. Some cool patterns and as others have mentioned, the subtle warm tones add a nice touch. Incidentally, the fine, sharp details throughout at f/4 should not be overlooked. :wink:

Max